Re-open a dispute

mfluder76
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't you do this? It's stupid! I had no idea you couldn't do this otherwise I would never have closed it. Thanks Paypal. If the guy who scammed me's account is still open you should close it. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mfluder76

You can email paypal and let them know and also if you funded your paypal payment via a card you can contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mfluder76

You should never close a dispute until you have a cleared refund or your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mfluder76
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, well I know that now. You should still be able to re-open it. Can't I report the guy or something? The guy was selling multiple things so other people will probably open disputes soon if they haven't already. He'll probably just use a different e-mail/account anyway.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mfluder76

You can email paypal and let them know and also if you funded your paypal payment via a card you can contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mfluder76
Contributor
Contributor

I can't see an e-mail for paypal, just call us and message centre. Should I use the message centre?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mfluder76

Click on "contact" bottom of paypals pages and on the left is "call us" and on the right is "email us".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Robgoodfoot65
Contributor
Contributor

I really think Paypal should listen to a complaint by a real person & be able to let buyers reopen disputes, As how do you if an item is faulty, ie-  engine, or like something that has internal parts, and as not stated at point of sale

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.