RETURN DISPUTE

Caroline53
Contributor
Contributor

I have purchased an item on a website through paypal. The item arrived and was ripped and poor quality. I contacted the seller and was told to return the item to their address in Poland. The item cost was £29 . The return post cost would be £24 . I read their return policy which states they are responsible for return costs. I asked them to send me a pre paid return label. They refused. I contacted Paypal and opened a dispute and explained the problem . Paypal has told me to return the item and pay for the postage. I am not happy , and not sure that paypal has fully understood the issue but i am unable to speak to a real person and keep going around in loops on their answer system.  What can i do ? How can i contact a real person ? The only options now given are to return it or close the dispute which dont help and are in favour of the seller . 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caroline53

IF the seller had a return policy and was in this country and he refused to refund return postage then you would have the option of the small claims court, but as he is international you don't have that option.

All paypal can EVER do for you is get you a full refund on return of item to the seller. So you have to bear this in mind when you buy your items.

HOWEVER have you activiated this   >>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caroline53

IF the seller had a return policy and was in this country and he refused to refund return postage then you would have the option of the small claims court, but as he is international you don't have that option.

All paypal can EVER do for you is get you a full refund on return of item to the seller. So you have to bear this in mind when you buy your items.

HOWEVER have you activiated this   >>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

leonie27
Contributor
Contributor

You state that Paypal 'can EVER do for you is get a full refund on return to the seller.' 

I am very reluctant to  return and pay for postage(to China)when the fault is not mine and where only 60% of purchase price is offered in refund. What guarantees can Paypal give that a full refund is given?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leonie27

Did you read my post above, did you read my post on your own thread?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.