Pitney Bowes

ronnie32
Contributor
Contributor

I am unhappy with the extra charge from Pitney bowes. I would like to have this fixed, I did not read this anywhere when I purchased item. I paid for shipping so why do I pay for more shipping I will not be ordering off this site anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ronnie32

I expect it was an import transaction was it? Did you buy from an international seller?

If so then the seller would not know and is not responsible for your import costs.

What ebay or other sites do is pay them upfront instead of you paying the postman when he delivers your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ronnie32

I expect it was an import transaction was it? Did you buy from an international seller?

If so then the seller would not know and is not responsible for your import costs.

What ebay or other sites do is pay them upfront instead of you paying the postman when he delivers your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ronnie32
Contributor
Contributor

thank you. I understand now.

Login to Me Too

Tamaresque

Are these new charges?  I live in Australia and I've bought jewellery from the UK before and never paid any so-called 'import charges'.  I bought a child's ring for $8 AUD yesterday and they have charged me $18 with no explanation as to what that charge is for.  That extra charge is more than 2X what the ring itself cost.
Does it only apply to selective sellers?  I've bought 4 items in the last couple of days from UK sellers and have 2 Pitney Bowes fees.  

Does this mean I should expect two more?

Where the **bleep** did I consent to this?

Why is there no explanation on Ebay that extra charges will be due?

NOT HAPPY, JAN!

Login to Me Too

Tamaresque

Wow! Paypal has an inbuilt language moderator!  I didn't even use the F word, only h e l l !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.