Pending transaction but bank already paid

Asylum69
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  I have a pending transaction listed on my PayPal account from weeks ago even though the money has already gone out of my bank account to the seller. Because of this, the pending notice no longer needs to be there, so how do I get rid of it?

I think it happended because the seller had a problem with their site and wouldn't let me pay with PayPal on that occasion even though that is the method i usually use and I had already selected PayPal credit to pay the charge.

So, I had to go into the payment process on their website again and pay through ordinary PayPal coming out of my bank account.

I had a feeling that I might get a pending payment on my statement but that normally is gone once a payment has gone out of my bank and is listed as gone out on my bank statement.

So as of this moment I am not sure whether I can just leave this notification alone, or whether there is a chance I will be charged a second time, even though the order went through weeks ago, and it would normally be either on my PayPal statement proper, or gone from it.

Any chance that anyone can advise me on this, please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi Asylum69,

Welcome to our UK PayPal Community Forum.

It sounds like a pending order that should automatically cancel after 30 days. It can be cancelled by the merchant, but as you have already paid them , I doubt they will claim the payment again.

As we are unable to see or discuss your account through the Community, you should try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.