Paypal fees

belanna
Contributor
Contributor

I recently queried the amount of a payment I receive regularly from a company and was told the discrepancy was paypal fees of 2%.  I felt rather foolish, as of course I know that Paypal charge fees. However on checking my Paypal statement it does not show the fees.  Even when clicking "detailed" statement it says fees "nil". Surely they should show the amount received and fees deducted on my statement? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

belanna
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass. I'm still confused. Paypal say the amount from the company is £3.92 amd are not showing any fees deducted in the transaction details. The company say they sent £4 and Paypal deducted 8p. One of them is telling porkies! I've had several payments from this company and can see that all were a few pence short, but I didn't notice before.  It's only pence, but it annoys me that I don't know who is taking it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@belanna

When you click on the transaction it should show the fee on that details page.

All I can think of and i may well be wrong is that the company that sent you the money used the 'friends / family' option.

This is only free if they 'fund' that via their bank account, if they used a credit card then they are charged a fee which they may have charged you for??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

belanna
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass. I'm still confused. Paypal say the amount from the company is £3.92 amd are not showing any fees deducted in the transaction details. The company say they sent £4 and Paypal deducted 8p. One of them is telling porkies! I've had several payments from this company and can see that all were a few pence short, but I didn't notice before.  It's only pence, but it annoys me that I don't know who is taking it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@belanna

Well paypals fee is 3.4% + 20p so if that were the case then paypal would have charged you 34p !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

belanna
Contributor
Contributor

So it is the company sending the money who are misleading me. Their reply was "When you redeem rewards to PayPal, PayPal deduct a 2% processing fee from each transaction." I don't object to them deducting 2% but they should own up to it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.