Paypal dispute generation time 180 days

lalit_mahajan

Hi,

we are seling items in our website with paypal payment gateway. Since few months back as paypal change their policy to 180 days for generating disputes. some buyers just taking advantages of it.

we are selling custom made dresses  like women dresses.

Please let us know how to specify in paypal that products which we are selling is custom made dresses. i have read in paypal agreement policies that custom made items didn't come across snad issue.

and how to justify that customer or buyers will not create issue after purchasing items of 60 days. 180 days are such a long period customer can generate issue any time like sometimes they buyer damamge their product themself and create issue in paypal of snad. how to handle this.

according to new policies it has been tuff to do business in paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you go to legal agreements bottom of paypal pages > user agreement > buyer protection > it will tell you that buyers are not protected for custom made items.

That does not of course stop them from filing a chargeback directly via their credit card company (if they used that funding source with paypal) and bypass paypal.

The 180 days is to bring it into line with the card companies as a buyer can do a chargeback up to 180 days with their credit cards.

If a buyer files a dispute via paypal however, you can inform paypal the item is custom made and they "should" close the dispute in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you go to legal agreements bottom of paypal pages > user agreement > buyer protection > it will tell you that buyers are not protected for custom made items.

That does not of course stop them from filing a chargeback directly via their credit card company (if they used that funding source with paypal) and bypass paypal.

The 180 days is to bring it into line with the card companies as a buyer can do a chargeback up to 180 days with their credit cards.

If a buyer files a dispute via paypal however, you can inform paypal the item is custom made and they "should" close the dispute in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lalit_mahajan

how to specify custom made items. buyer opened a dispute and we had exclate issue payapl and specify that products are custom made. but paypal asked us to take return items even buyer has made issue hundred of times. firs he was not accepting items because he was not paying custom duties and asked us to take products and refund him all money otherwise he will generate issue in paypal.

for a good relationship in business we asked him to refund custom duty charges by paypal and we did. after getting products in 12 days he created snad issue in products that one product in dirty and other has missing pearls. products send him custom made according to design. now he used products any how and after that create issue.

is paypal specified that what kind of custome made items will not include in chargeback policies. we are selling custom made dresses.

it's been 75 days has passed already and in return we have to pay custom duty also to get back items in our country. i think business to do business online is been now very for small business owners.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.