Paypal automatically close my dispute because they couldn't verify my return parcel tracking code

Brycen1985
New Community Member

Hello Paypal community.

I'm having a dispute with a seller over a faulty mobile phone that needs to be sent back to the home country (china) to be repaired under warranty. 

I raised a dispute to ensure i was protected and paypal informed me i was eligible for a refund and all i had to do was post the item back. I did this with Australia post and submitted a tracking number to ebay. 

I've just received an email from Paypal saying that the case has been automatically closed in the sellers favour because they couldn't verify my tracking code. This makes no sense to me, my tracking number is easily found on the australia post website and the parcel is listed as still in transit. 

Now i no longer have any protection if the seller simply chooses to keep both my money and the parcel that i sent back.

What can i do? Is ther any way i can get paypal to recheck the tracking number and reopen the case? This is simply an error the tracking number is real.

If the seller decides to keep my money then i'll probably never trust paypal again. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.