Paypal Credit for out-of-stock items

sgoddy
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some goods on Aug 22nd and decided to try paypal credit (for the first time). The seller contacted me to say that the items were out of stock until Sep 10th and that he had not captured the payment yet. I was then further contacted to say that stock would not be available until Oct 10th.

Since the project is low priority, I'm OK with the delay, but looking at my account, Paypal have charged my account. What's more, I am being asked for the first payment on Oct 8th, and the goods are still not in stock.

Is there something weird about paypal credit so that they allocate payment even if it has not been captured by the seller, or is the seller lying to me when he says that he hasn't captured payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi sgoddy and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

Generally a payment using PayPal credit would go through straight away. I would recommend to check the status of the payment on your PayPal account to see what it is showing at. If your payment is showing as completed it would mean that the payment has completed to your seller. This would be why you are being asked to pay for using your PayPal credit. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi sgoddy and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

Generally a payment using PayPal credit would go through straight away. I would recommend to check the status of the payment on your PayPal account to see what it is showing at. If your payment is showing as completed it would mean that the payment has completed to your seller. This would be why you are being asked to pay for using your PayPal credit. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

sgoddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paula,

Thank-you for your reply. Further communication with the seller reveals that they did indeed capture the payment in order to put the goods on 'back-order' They were not expecting the delay to be so long and have been quite apologetic.

Accordingly, I understand now the reason for this (which was largely what you said).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.