PayPal won't refund my call charges even though error was theirs

ngood77
Contributor
Contributor

I have received multiple e-mails from PayPal advising that my account is Limited and to visit the Resolution Centre to resolve the issues.  When logging into my account there were no issues to resolve.  I mailed PayPal to advise this and they wrote back asking me to call them to resolve the issue.  This I did and the customer service agent advised that this was due to a system error with PayPal and that my account was, in fact, clear and not Limited.  He apologised and told me it would not happen again.  Fine.

But this call has cost me £6 which was unavoidable as PayPal would not resolve the issue unless I called them !  Seeing as they have admitted the error was theirs I asked for compensation but received an e-mail today advising that they do not provide compensation for phone calls.  Not only did the agent who wrote this mail completely ignore the reasons I am asking for the compensation but they also addressed the mail to somebody completely different !

This is completely unacceptable, where PayPal have admitted to a fault on their part and have forced me to call them to resolve it they should pay up the small amount of compensation.  How do I take this further ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Ngood77,

It is possible that the emails you received were not sent to you by PayPal. My best advice for you would be to check the emails that you received in order to try determine if the emails were sent to you by PayPal or not.

Phishing or Spoof emails are fake emails that try to trick you into revealing personal or financial information such as bank account details, credit card details and passwords etc. These fake emails often link to illegitimate (spoof) websites .

You’ll know that an email is not from PayPal when:

• The email uses a generic greeting like ‘Dear user’ or ‘Hello, PayPal member.’ We'll always address you by your first and last name or the business name on your PayPal account.
  • The email requests financial and other personal information. A real email from us will never ask for your bank account number, debit or credit card number etc. Also we'll never ask for your full name, your account password, or the answers to your PayPal security questions in an email.
  • The email includes an attachment, a software update to install on your computer.

If you think you’ve received a phishing email, forward it to spoof@paypal.com and then delete the fake email from your mailbox.

Go to www.paypal.co.uk and click ‘Safety Advice’ near the top of the page to learn more about phishing and online safety.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if the email was sent to you from PayPal or not.

David.

Login to Me Too

ngood77
Contributor
Contributor
No, of course that's not the problem. It would help if you actually read my post. Paypal have admitted liability for these charges and are issuing me with reimbursement. I urge others to push for the same
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.