PayPal have taken money from me.

lyle_porter
New Community Member
Hi PayPal has taken £280 from me. I will explain the situation. I sold a pair of shoes using PayPal for £280 pounds my buyer asked for a refund the next day so I agreed. Since I had withdrawn all money to my bank by now I had to add credit to my PayPal account I asked for a transfer of £280 back to my PayPal. I was told it would take 5 working days. During this period, with a sufficient amount of money in my bank I purchased a coat through PayPal with no credit in the account, knowing it would take the cost of my item from my bank account automatically. The £280 then transferred to my account but my buyer then said he did not ask for a refund so I continued to sell my item. The £280 was immediately taken from my available balance by PayPal and I assumed this would be to pay for the coat I had purchased. I concluded that that would leave me with only £30 left to pay of the £310 for the coat. However days later a charge of £310 was also withdrawn from my bank account to my PayPal. When I looked in my PayPal it had not only taken £30 but the entire £310. This means PayPal have taken £280 and I have not been able to reach anyone at PayPal to resolve the problem.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

istilldontknow
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal takes the money right away.

Login to Me Too

istilldontknow
Contributor
Contributor

Call your buyer, you can get his info from the eBay site. Maybe he will call eBay Paypal to explain.

Click the Advancedlink at the top of the eBay home page.
In the Members section on the left side of the page, click Find contact information.
Enter the username of the member and the transaction's item number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.