PayPal appeal against despite decision in sellers favour

Emmak88
New Community Member
Hi, I raised a dispute for a watch I purchased via PayPal. I paid €2600 but never recieved the watch. I disputed the transaction and the seller said I would get a refund but it never happened. I then raised it with PayPal who after no contact responded asking for a fraud report from the police. I then requested but before I received it PayPal closed he case in the sellers favour. I promptly called and then raises an appeal so I could upload the report on the required time. I did that but then PayPal again decided the case in the sellers favour saying they didn't receive the documents in the required time. I called 3 times and each time the advisor agreed that I had been treated badly and unfair. They promised someone would look into but then I would get the same response! The process is farcical especially with how much PayPal fees are. I have tried complaining and get no response. Does anyone have any advice?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emmak88

You have 2 options if paypal won't help you >>

1. If you funded the paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will open a chargeback for you. And for that amount of money i would think you probably did protect yourself by funding it with a card.

2. Small claims court as the seller presumably does not have proof of delivery of the item to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.