PayPal & Ebay Resolution

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor

ebay and PayPal are two seperate companies so I see no problem opening a dispute through both. However, If one opens a dispite with ebay and then try to open one with PayPal, PayPal cancells the ebay dispute.  This cannot be right.  They proudly advertise that they are two seperate companies.  I want a dispute through ebay sorted by ebay and a dispute through PayPal putting my payment on return hold.  Only logical and gives me double protection but seems these companies make your decisions for you!  Not acceptable.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
I am not asking at this stage for a refund. I am asking for the missing item to be sent and putting the transaction into dispute is the only way to do that otherwise one falls outside the dispute time. The iltimate sanction is refund. But as the supplier was an ebay shop, they have a duty to protect their customers by contacting the trader ir remove that trader from their shop. Of vourse enay ate only interested in ebay profits so will probably do no such thing. I don't care because if this is not resolved bu Fridsy, i will just get my card to do a charge back.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
I am not asking at this stage for a refund. I am asking for the missing item to be sent and putting the transaction into dispute is the only way to do that otherwise one falls outside the dispute time. The iltimate sanction is refund. But as the supplier was an ebay shop, they have a duty to protect their customers by contacting the trader ir remove that trader from their shop. Of vourse enay ate only interested in ebay profits so will probably do no such thing. I don't care because if this is not resolved by Friday, i will just get my card to do a charge back. Snyway which Kernow you from?
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
Bet you looked up E=mc2 anyway. You are fiesty for a young lass.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
I never said I lnow mord than you how the two companies work. Read what is written not what you want written. For you information my ebay dispute is not closed. I have not closed it, nor have I opened one with paypal because you cannot do that. This is my criticism of the two companies. Ebay is not a payment processor if paying by paypal. Ebay is the sellers agent and paypal is the payment agent. Two very different actions! 👅👅
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

I want a dispute through ebay sorted by ebay and a dispute through PayPal putting my payment on return hold.

But they work together even if they are separate companies.

If you launch an ebay dispute then your paypal payment is automatically held IF their are funds still in the sellers paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
That is my point - work together for their protection but as two seperate companies I should be able to open a dispute myself with both as this puts double the pressure on a dodgy supplier.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
🐖 might ✈️
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

As you get your money back with either, as long as you meet buyer protection, I can't see that opening 2 disputes would bother a seller anymore than one as paypal would have put your payment on hold anyway OR if ebay OR paypal find in your favour then you would get your money back and the sellers paypal account would be put into negative until he paid paypal back again.

No point at all in opening 2 dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tigermothmk4
New Community Member

why is ebay dealings still on hold throg no fault of my own i would like to no why i wasent asked for my opinenien .just a kangeroo court.thank you.bromley7797

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.