PayPal & Ebay Resolution

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor

ebay and PayPal are two seperate companies so I see no problem opening a dispute through both. However, If one opens a dispite with ebay and then try to open one with PayPal, PayPal cancells the ebay dispute.  This cannot be right.  They proudly advertise that they are two seperate companies.  I want a dispute through ebay sorted by ebay and a dispute through PayPal putting my payment on return hold.  Only logical and gives me double protection but seems these companies make your decisions for you!  Not acceptable.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
I never said I lnow mord than you how the two companies work. Read what is written not what you want written. For you information my ebay dispute is not closed. I have not closed it, nor have I opened one with paypal because you cannot do that. This is my criticism of the two companies. Ebay is not a payment processor if paying by paypal. Ebay is the sellers agent and paypal is the payment agent. Two very different actions! 👅👅

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

If you have bought an ebay item and paid with paypal AND then open a dispute on ebay and paypal then what are you hoping for??

Are you trying to get refunded twice??? Of course you can only open one dispute for ONE refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor

How thick are you as a paypal advisor.   Ofcourse I do not want a double refund.  The ebay dispute would be regarding the misselling and the paypal dispute would be the repayment.  You are two different companies, two different disputes.  Once it is resolved by replacement, completion of the order or refund, from a buyers point of view disputes would then be closed and it would be up to each company to decide what if anything to do with the seller.  Another thing all the dispute drop down menues do not permit complaints that only half amounts were received.  Indeed, it is clearly a website option menue that is set up by someone as dim as you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

Think its you that is thick hun..

You only open a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described...either on ebay or paypal.

If its for non receipt then you get a refund if the seller can't prove delivery of the item.

So you open one on ebay OR paypal (OR THE EBAY ONE WILL BE CLOSED) as only one of them can issue you a refund.

If you want to report the seller for something else then report them but you do that via the email option.

Not rocket science.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
Clearly rhe voncrot of TWO different companies doing TWO different things is above your comprehension. Just because it is not in your pull down menu does not mean a refund for an item not fully supplied i.e ONE instead of TWO cannot be handled by TWO parties who are responsible for different parts of the complaint! I am not your Hun! Never have been never will be because you are nit intelligent enough to understand anything out if the non menued complaints. Rocket Science erm if you even knew what E=MC2 meant without looking it up would surprise me!
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
rhe voncrot * the concept. Volunteer Advisor? What can't get a real job?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

The concept of how the 2 companies work obviously passes YOU by, that is why you are so thick you can't understand why paypal closed the ebay claim down.

You can't open 2 disputes for different reasons as you can only file for item not received OR item received but not as described.

The 2 companies DO NOT DEAL WITH DIFFERENT PARTS OF A COMPLAINT. They deal with getting you a refund if you have had an item not arrive OR arrived but not as described.

And that is ALL BOTH OF THEM DO.................hun !!

And have a job ta, probably get paid more than you can dream of, but most people can multi-task by working and answering a few posts on here on their days off.............again not rocket science hun.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Peter100
Contributor
Contributor
So on your theory if I buy a new car and it is faulty, I cannot complain and report a problem to both the dealer and the manufacturer - doh!!! You are just towing the paypal party line and not thinking for yourself. I think as the outright owner of 5 properties, retired 15 years early, pay higher rate tax and much more. I think trading incomes - is a no winner for you Dear! Multitasking in my Air Traffic Controller days was second nature. Now we can either have a competition or you just accept, the way paypal and ebay work, even though seperate companies is the crux of my comment on here.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

f I buy a new car and it is faulty, I cannot complain and report a problem to both the dealer and the manufacturer - doh!!!

What a ridiculous example, your dealer and manufacturer are NOT payment processors.

I think as the outright owner of 5 properties, retired 15 years early, pay higher rate tax and much more. I think trading incomes - is a no winner for you Dear! Multitasking in my Air Traffic Controller days was second nature. Now we can either have a competition or you just accept, the way paypal and ebay work, even though seperate companies is the crux of my comment on here.

Funny guy. Strange then that you know more than me how the 2 companies work but your ebay dispute was closed.

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peter100

Why don't you actually READ up on the user agreements YOU agreed to when you joined ebay and paypal??

From ebays user agreement >>>

Using other programmes to address a concern

Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (eBay Money Back Guarantee, PayPal Buyer Protection, or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use that process for the duration of the case.

If a buyer files a chargeback or a PayPal Buyer Protection dispute, any cases opened with eBay Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed.

Maybe you didn't have to READ in air traffic control  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.