PayPal Resolution Centre problems

ukarranview
Contributor
Contributor

I have a dispute with an American Buyer who says she did not receive the item she purchased and is now demanding a refund of her payment from my Paypal account. However, she insisted that I send the item to her WITHOUT Tracking or the requirement for a signature although I pointed out to her that I would not therefore take any responsibility if the item got lost.

She has now raised a Claim against my Pay Pal account and PayPal are asking me to respond. However .........I have to respond to 1 of 3 options only .....none of which apply to this transaction ! In the meantime, they have frozen the funds in my account and I can't get access to my rightful funds or buy anything on Ebay !

Option 1 : Issue the buyer a full refund.    -     This seems hardly fair as she insisted that she did NOT want tracking or a signature requirement for delivery.

Option 2 : I can provide Tracking Information.     -    How can I do this when she insisted that she would NOT pay for tracking or a signature requirement.

Option 3 : Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.     -   I cannot do this as I do NOT believe that she is entitled to a refund as she insisted on a non-tracked transaction !

So    ......... I'm stuck .........I cannot respond to PayPal's request for a response as the options do not apply and they say they will rule in the buyer's favour if I do not respond !  How stupid is that ?

Any ideas on how to resolve this .............I just find dealing with eBay and PayPal so frustrating and time-consuming and it really does my head in !  HELP !!!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but you can't opt out of responsibility of an item if it does not arrive. Never let a buyer dictate terms to you.

If you don't send trackable that is fine but its your risk not the buyers or paypals so if the item does not arrive you will have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ukarranview
Contributor
Contributor

I do not agree that the risk of non-delivery of an item falls on the Seller in this case. I advised the Buyer that -  as she insisted on no Tracking or Signature requirement that I would NOT accept responsibility if the item went missing in the mail. She continued to insist on this and , indeed, paid for a cheaper non-tracked delivery -  therefore, under English Law the amended contract terms have been accepted by her and she must bear the loss if the item goes missing. I can provide Proof of Posting from Royal Mail.

Login to Me Too

littleone
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, always use tracking post no matter where it is sent to as you are covered as a seller. The buyer has pulled a fast one and the only thing you can do is refund and never ever repeat this problem again. I feel so sad that you fell for this scam but i'm sure from now on you will always use post that can be tracked and need a signature. Put this buyer in the past, don't waste time on her, give her the refund and just say through gritted teeth, never again!
Login to Me Too

ukarranview
Contributor
Contributor

Well .......I had a bad feeling about this transaction when she was bombarding me with Emails insisting on no Tracking and no Signature requirement. However .......she accepted my statement that I would take no responsibility whatsoever  if the item went missing in the Mail and indeed she paid a reduced cost for a non-tracked and no signature shipment to the U.S. Therefore, under English Law, the contract trems between us have been changed and any loss is for her to bear.  I do have the Royal Mail Proof of Posting as proof that the item was sent to her.

PayPal must be forced into compliance with English Law as their practices leave a lot to be desired and are, indeed, illegal in many respects.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.