Parcel Not Arriving Scam

Tbolt47
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered some goods from a company using Paypal and nothing ever turned up. I emailed the company and got no response, so I used Paypal to send them a message and no repsonse. When I phone the company they said they would look into it and phone me back, but instead I got an email which didn't really make sense so I emailed them back and yes I got no response.

I then thought the only way to get my money back would be to open a case with Paypal. The company then contacted me and said that the best thing would be that they send out another parcel but I would have to close the Paypal action first, which I did and now the parcel has not turned up.

Now it appear that once you have closed the Paypal claim you can't reopen it and it looks like I have just been conned, obviously this company is doing this to other people as well, so can I do anything about this, or is it my fault for being so stupid and closing the Paypal case? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tbolt47

NEVER close a case until you have your item or a cleared refund. You should have told them that you would close the case once your item had arrived.

You can try calling customer services and explaining and see if they will re-open it for you but I am afraid its very unlikely.

OR if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargback for you.

Failing that small claims court?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tbolt47
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, it's first time I'd ever had to do this so I was not aware of expactly how it works. I'd actually bought from the company before using a credit card and not had a problem, so it looks like they are just scamming Paypal customers. I'll have a word with Paypal, I don't think my credit card company will be interested as I think they expect Paypal to provide the protection.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tbolt47

Lots of folks do direct chargebacks even if they have used paypal, your card company should be able to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tbolt47
Contributor
Contributor

OK thanks.

Login to Me Too

Tbolt47
Contributor
Contributor

I got the standard, "once the dispute is closed you can't do anything" message from Paypal.

Loosing the money is one thing, but it's just frustrating that companies like this are ripping people off using a system which is designed to protect people, against them.

Not impressed by Paypal as don't seem to care that this sort of thing is going on as they must have had plenty of parcels not arriving disputes for this company.

I'll try my credit card to get my money back, but if I do this company still get their money.

Back to using a credit card I guess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.