Paid via gift by mistake, seller refusing to refund

Peterw85
New Community Member

I paid for some good via Paypal and used my mobile to do so. I sadly made the mistake and sent it via gift. 

The goods sadly are not fit for purpose. I've tried contacting the sell who has refused and no no longer responding. 

I've tried e-mail directly and their website contact form and directly via Facebook Message.

They also have a Facebook page and have contact them via posts thre which they went on to then block me. 

I know i've made the mistake via the gift payment. 

I did message Paypal but no reply

What can I do. Am £426 out of pocket with a product which doesn't work or can be used. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then try your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

2. if they are a uk registered business then try the small claims court.

Paypal can't do anything as gift payments are not protected by buyer protection.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PinkDiamond169
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

If you didn't pay with a credit card, You can go through the bank still and dispute the amount, But it depends on the bank though. Or go through a small claims court.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.