Opened Dispute

popi123
Contributor
Contributor

August 12th Wednesday i have paid the exat amount of money to buyer via paypal. The product that i purchased is from outside ebay but using paypal. In august 13th. The seller doesnt reply me for half day and didnt even provide any shipping information or anything related about product. I so worried about the transaction since i never encounter such things. 

so i have decied to open dispute. so the seller have responsed me and said that he will ship to me as long as the disputed is closed. So i need your help. Should i trust him or is that any way for reslove the dispute and everything come to settlement 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

To be honest i think you are very impatient opening a dispute on a seller within one day !!!!  I give a seller at least a week before i ask re shipping.

But now you have opened the dispute you need to keep it open, if you close it then you won't be able to open it again and the seller could just ignore you.

You have up to 20 days before you need to escalate it to a claim and the seller will be protected if he sends your item trackable and tracking shows delivery of the item to you.

So tell him to just ship the item as he is at no risk to do so even with a dispute open.

Do not close the dispute now.

If he does not send then escalate it to a claim to get your refund if your covered by buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

popi123
Contributor
Contributor

he said that he gonna ship before work and he doesnt reply. i was worried about it and i sent a message to him and he doesnt reply so i decided open a dispute. 

So now the only thing i gonna do is wait for him to send tracking of number 

If he doesnt send withink 10 days then i will escalated to claim.

Do i cover under buyer protection since i purchased outside ebay but using paypal. The item was sale in ebay but seller sent me invoice paypal to pay. I even got message from ebay that seller will sent me invoice in paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you paid via an invoice then you are covered for non receipt of item.

Whether you are covered in the event of an item received but not as described depends on how the item was described on the invoice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

popi123
Contributor
Contributor

Seller asked me to close dispute so that he can ship to me. i sense something fishy because i have to close the dispute so that he can ship to me. 

Should i contact my bank since i have paid via debit card. I gonna wait till 7 days. If seller doesnt provide any kind of information. I will escalate the claim

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.