Online scam through Paypal, Paypal seem unwilling to help

ScammersVer
Contributor
Contributor

So it would appear i have been a victim of a round about scam through Paypal, i will try to explain it without confusing anybody

I saw a ad on Facebook offering a work from home opportunity, the opportunity is basically a form of invoice processing, people will send me money to my Paypal for products they have purchased.

I then transfer that money to my bank account, i was then provided with bank details in which to send this money to from my bank account the deal is i keep 10% of this money, seems perfect right?

What happens next is however after i have sent the money is all the people who sent me money on Paypal all suddenly raise disputes claiming the money they sent me was unauthorised or a mistake? Paypal without even bothering it seems to check the proof i had of what's been going on gives them the money back.

But of course because i have already sent the money to this other persons bank account i have to pay Paypal back using my own money!!!!!!

I appreciate Paypal have to protect buyers but what about sellers? i have screenshots of the conversation but Paypal didn't seem interested, aslong as there not out of pocket aye?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScammersVer

Sorry but WHY would someone want YOU to accept paypal payments and send it to their bank accounts???

Its such an obvious scam that I can't believe you fell for it.

You have no paypal seller protection as you paid funds you were sent into a paypal account and did not have any actual transaction with that person.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ScammersVer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that i'm not here for judgements on my stupidity 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScammersVer

Not just for you though was it, if others read it then they will see that genuine folks would never ask you to do something like that.

So then they would see how the scam works.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.