No answer to any of my replies

Andy01

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can tell me where I am going wrong here.

Originally bought an item on Ebay, bank account is linked to paypal and has been for a long while without issue. Paypal attempts to take money from my account for said item, approx £86, and bank refuses because not enough funds. I didnt notice as bank didnt inform me, paypal didnt inform me. First I hear is by email from Paypal saying balance manager will no longer attempt to take amount from your account so I look at paypal and find I am in negative balance for the amount of the item. I rectify this immediately and think no more of it.

I bought another item from ebay about a week later, knowing I had enough to cover the cost in my bank account and order goes through as normal

I bought some food next night using paypal, instead of taking funding from my bank account as usual, it takes from my balance. Unusual as I know i do not ever have a paypal balance so I check to find I have £86 which has been transferred from my bank account (which is now minus the money for the food I just ordered). I check further to find that this is the money to cover the now week and a half old orignal negative balance, which I had paid and recieved an email to say so (so much for balance manager not re attempting to take it)

I realise that this transaction has now taken the money for the item I had just purchased on ebay and sent it back to my bank account. Needless to say it didnt reach in time so I have yet another charge from my bank, another negative balance on my account and now grief from debt collectors, go on paypal !!

I recieve another email from paypal, telling me they are converting the negative balance to euros (as per policy) and I have an email telling me it was converted to euros. I paid the balance on this email which to me says because of the exchange rate on the day £226.27

"  PayPal has made a transfer between the balances in your account for the following reason:

Our policy of converting all negative balances to E after 4 days

The following transfers were made:

Negative balance : -233.14 GBP Covered From : €275.65 EUR (1 Euro = 0.845770 British pounds)

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

PayPal has made a transfer between the balances in your account for the following reason:

Our policy of converting negative to positive balances.

The following transfers were made:

Negative balance : -275.65 EUR Covered From : £226.27 GBP (1 British pound = 1.18572 Euros)

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Next day I get an email from Paypal to say they have recieved my £226.27, 4 hours later I get another email to say exchange rate has gone up so I owe another 6 euros. I contact via message centre as 0800 numbers are expensive with my mobile provider and get a reply next day telling me I hadnt paid enough.

And now it seems I cant use the bank account that I have been using for years to fund anything through Paypal

I reply with the above information 3 times and no response from Paypal's supposedly secure message centre. Is this normal and do Paypal read these posts. Hope so as it seems the only way to contact without a massive phone bill

Sorry for the large post but...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy01

Well i was giving you the best ways to actually get a reply.

You are welcome to email but the likelihood of a reply that is not just generic and useless is pretty high.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy01

Paypal won't answer on here as even the moderators would tell you to contact them at customer services.

They can't view or discuss your account issues on here.

HOWEVER the phone number is FREE from a UK landline.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andy01

Cheers for the quick reply, and yeah kind of knew the not discuss bit but what is the secure message centre for ? I thought messages between Paypal acct. holder and Paypal maybe

I do not have a landline otherwise I would use it but paypal are quite welcome to phone me, they have my number too and they know the issue

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy01

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andy01

Dont do either or but I have now found a complaints email so will use that, thanks for the help (much more than paypal ever have) 🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy01

Well i was giving you the best ways to actually get a reply.

You are welcome to email but the likelihood of a reply that is not just generic and useless is pretty high.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andy01

Thanks for that but if i do not use Facebook or Twitter ???

This is a complaint email, do they get generic reply rubbish too ?

Have been a Paypal member for over 10 years, this is a joke. Seem a great way to treat the people who make them all their money. Have they been bought out by NPower ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andy01

Yep I'm afraid paypals contact methods are pretty poor.

But to be honest I needed to contact them a few years back and it took 10 seconds to open a Facebook account and send them a message, you don't have to keep using it just keep it open for contact.

But if you want the BEST way to contact them then borrow a mate or relatives landline and phone them for free.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

georgiieee
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted them via Facebook (yesterday) - still no response. Same on Twitter, via their email Centre, Complaints Dept, and an email to their CEO.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.