Need Information about Claims

ivolong
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I ordered something a month ago that never arrived so I started a dispute. Before even submitting the dispute PayPal said "Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute." so it has automatically been escalated to a claim.

When starting the dispute/claim I selected the dispute category 'I have not received my item', the item category 'Other physical good' and my message was along the lines of it's been a month and I haven't received the item so I'd like a refund.

I've never had to deal with this kind of claim so can you give me some advice on the sort of information PayPal may ask me for to support my claim (if needs be)? It seems like a good idea to get this stuff sorted out sooner rather than later.

Cheers.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivolong

In my opinion no, the dispute is automated, no tracking number then it goes in your favour.

Shoot me if I am wrong   Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivolong

In the event of an item not received dispute the onus is on the SELLER to provide a tracking number that shows delivery of the item to your paypal registered address.

If they don't then you are pretty much guaranteed a refund.

The claim is normally opened for 10 days and then paypal review / refund within 48 hours of that deadline being reached.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ivolong
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass So as the buyer, there is nothing in particular I will be asked for?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ivolong

In my opinion no, the dispute is automated, no tracking number then it goes in your favour.

Shoot me if I am wrong   Smiley Surprised

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.