NEGATIVE BALANCE FOR A REFUND REQUEST WHICH HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED BY EBAY

britlady52
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer in Italy who purchased items from me via ebay global shipping opened a refund request as he/she hadn't received the items. When this happens, Paypal automatically holds (or takes if there's a balnace) the refund amount (£17.58) leaving my Paypal account with a negative balance. (Tracking shows that the they reached ebay centre two days after I posted them and were passed to ebay international courier. There followed two failed attempts at delivery - with an address query thrown in.) I contacted ebay explaining that I had fulfilled my postal obligations and as I had no idea of the buyer's identity or address, I was not liable for refunding them. Ebay agreed and they closed the refund request. However - the funds are still being held by Paypal which means I cannot buy anything off ebay.  Paypal take the money immediately a refund request is opened but that efficiency seems not to exist when it comes to putting it back into the account. How long is it likely to take before this is cleared?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.