NEED HELP

sharonruscelli
Contributor
Contributor

hi, basicaly i brought a console from ebay and once the item was posted i contacted the seller asking for the tracking info i sent 2 messages over 3 days and no reply so i opened a paypal dispute because i thought seeing as the seller isnt responding he isnt genuine. once i opend the case 10 mins later the buyer responded with the tracking information so i then closed the paypal case.

the item arrived today and it was in very poor and disgusting condition nothing as described so again i went to open a paypal and ebay dispute but i cannot i rang up paypal and they said i cannot open a case for a refund because i previously had a case.

so now im pretty much stuck with a £250 console which is nothing as described is there anything i can do about this?

i have messaged the seller but i doubt i am going to get a reply

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not a lot really, you should never close a dispute until you get a cleared refund or have received the item and are happy with it.

If you had left it open you could have "changed" the dispute to one of "not as described" when you received it SNAD.

Your only hope now is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Or you can try a claim via the small claims court if the seller is a UK registered business. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not a lot really, you should never close a dispute until you get a cleared refund or have received the item and are happy with it.

If you had left it open you could have "changed" the dispute to one of "not as described" when you received it SNAD.

Your only hope now is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Or you can try a claim via the small claims court if the seller is a UK registered business. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharonruscelli
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thanks i pretty much had the same reply from a member on the ebay forums if i dont get a answer from the seller i think i will have to do that.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.