My laptop order was cancelled by the seller 3 days ago, no refund or updates

Gazz10
New Community Member

"The seller cancelled your order and sent you a refund. We'll send a confirmation email soon"

I paid via Paypal-bank (no funds in paypal)

Seller messaged me saying the laptop wont charge and he will refund tomorrow (12th), when I asked if he could do it tonight (11th) he responded saying he didnt have the funds in paypal/bank. Therefore he would have to deposit funds into the bank to refund. So it looks like hes refunded the same way I have paid.

The refund was started morning 12th September when I recieved the message on ebay

The seller cancelled your order and sent you a refund. We'll send a confirmation email soon

and I havent heard anything since, from ebay or paypal. (seller is quite active with messages, he does seem genuine but unware how to speed this up)

My question being how long should I wait to open I paypal dispute?

or is this normal to wait? taking into account the processing between bank accounts and paypal

Ill keep active on this hoping that someone has the answer.

Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi Gazz10

Welcome to our Community and thank you for posting your question here.

If the seller adds money to his PayPal balance the refund will be processed much quicker :). So it is a good thing that he is doing this. As soon as the refund has been made you should receive an update by email from PayPal as well. Please keep in mind that a refund can take up to 7 business days starting from your original payment date. The money will be added to your PayPal balance. I would advise to wait at least until the 7 business days are over. If you have not received the refund after that you can file a dispute. You always have the option to do this earlier if you are concerned that the seller will not complete the refund. The next link explains how you can open a dispute https://goo.gl/uY5d6V.

I hope this information helps.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.