Locate Mobile

SheilaRA
New Community Member

I signed up for a one month account with www.locate-mobile.info.       This company tracks where in the world any mobile phone is, all you have to do is provide the number of the mobile and hope it is on and charged.   I was looking for my own lost mobile phone.    However, every single attempt to sign in using the user name and password they provided, I was told to sign up (and pay) again.    I sent them a memo explaining my plight, which bounced back immediately.   So I went back to the  Pay Pal website which is  entirely unhelpful.:  All on line of course, telling me I must return to the vendor and then not even suggesting an email address to which I can write and complain.    So nowhere to go.     It's only £10 but that's a lot of money to me and this is altogether too much hassle.  I feel as if it's a united scam  Has anyone had dealings with Locate Mobile?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

erich1
New Community Member

Just read these comments but too late as I've just paid £20 to this company and found out it was a total SCAM.  No login page, no email with login details. My fault for not checking! Paypal should be refunding this with so many negative coments.

Login to Me Too

Toly
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this is a scam. Try any mobile on their initial locate page - even foreign ones and you will find that it will locate a mobile transmitter near you because it is actually using your broadband location. However it is possible to obtain your money back using the PayPal resolution centre.

FIRST MESSAGE immedialtly I found out that it was a scam. "Under "didn't receive your item ?"

Despite being provided with a user name and password a "Log In" feature has not been provided and the service cannot be used. Previous customers who have also paid by PayPal have also indicated that this service is not genuine and you have obtained money from them without providing the Mobile Locate service you have promised. . You state on your website that LOCATEMOBILE will Track Phone GPS Location,Track your Lost or stolen Phone,Locate your friends,Locate your spouse,Locate your Children and you will provide this service in my case for three months. Please indicate clearly how I can carry out the service you indicate or refund my money.

I IMMEDIATLY RECEIVED AN AUTOMATED REPLY GIVING MY USER NAME WHICH I ALREADY HAD.

My reply.

You have sent me an automated reply which does not address the issue. I already have my user name and password and can gain access to your general information site. However there is no indication of the precise service you are providing. Please provide exact instructions how I can go to a log in page and enter my user name and password.

My message sent a week later.

Further to my message of 6th June 2016.You have sent me an automated reply which does not address the issue. I already have my user name and password and can gain access to your general information site. However there is no indication of the precise service you are providing. Please provide exact instructions how I can go to a log in page and enter my user name and password.

Same automated reply received giving my username.

Then 2 minutes later this :

Hello we are sorry that our software is not for you we will fully refund you immediately according to our satisfaction refund policy can you please check our email in spam folder let us know what you didn't like and expectations and how can we improve our services

- Netmedia Group LimitedTuesday, 14 June 2016 at 02:19:01

Checked and money was back into PayPal account

Login to Me Too

ppchf
New Community Member

Locate Mobile is a scam and  fraud. They will take payment but are unable to locate a mobile from its number as promised. All you get for your money is a link to a webpage with general information.

Make a formal complaint to Paypal about them as well as asking for your money back. I got my payment back. Paypal will get it for you instantly but you need to push via Paypal complaint website.

I have complained to Trading Standards and the ASA about them.

Login to Me Too

centralinbox
Contributor
Contributor

I also think ths is a scam. It gave me the impression that they can locate a mobile no. because they ask you to enter the mobile number on their home page and the country. And when you do, it acts like it is searching for something and to be able to complete get the information, you will have to sign up. After you paid, it will give you a username and password just to get to a member's page which is nothing but instruction and information of how to locate your Android, Iphone and Windows devices. Nothing for mobile number tracking at all. And there is no contact number on their website front page either, only a form to enter your message. But I did a little research on the website owner and to which country it is really registered. And this is what I found, click this link or copy-paste in on your browser. You can do this with pretty much any website domains.

Note this website's mentioned address is in U.K. but the registered domain billing address is in U.S.  There is a phone number there as well, see if you could reach it. I haven't really tried. Because I will do what Paypal's instruction is to file a dispute. You email them and see if they will reply in request for a refund. If no reply for atleast 30 days, then you can file a dispute to Paypal. I haven't done this before with Paypal, but I will trust them on this matter.  

http://www.whois.com/whois/locate-mobile.info

Login to Me Too

Katecreates
New Community Member

Yes, definitely a major ripoff!

im having the same problem where it goes into a loop asking for my login then telling me I don't have an account. Which I already paid 14.95 for

cant somebody get on these people somehow?

Login to Me Too

centralinbox
Contributor
Contributor
Check this link out amd you'll find a tel number there of this registered company. http://www.whois.com/whois/locate-mobile.info Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

centralinbox
Contributor
Contributor
Check this link out amd you'll find a tel number there of this registered company. http://www.whois.com/whois/locate-mobile.info Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

BeachBoy2
Contributor
Contributor

When I was filing the complaint at PayPal I also noticed their contact details off to the side, see below;

NetMedia Group.jpg

Login to Me Too

Rlruhnke
New Community Member
The exact same thing happened to me. Guess I'll file a complaint.
Login to Me Too

BeachBoy2
Contributor
Contributor

I got caught too, just the other day. Have just visited the PayPal Resolution Centre, and left the following message;

I found this software defective as soon as I had paid you, 3 days ago. It is unusable and definitely NOT as you described it in your sales video at http://locate-mobile.info/ .

Within minutes of trying to make it work, I sent you a message online to which I received no reply. I also emailed you yesterday to which I have received NO reply. After searching Google re your company / product I came up with many many complaints about the exact same issue I am facing, so I guess I won't be receiving an answer at all from you.

No doubt you have seen the complaints and are just igboring them, but for your reference they can be found here
/t5/Disputes-and-claims/Locate-Mobile/td-p/962876 (which is this thread!)

Let's see what happens, I would encourage everyone to do the same thing!

Good luck :))

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.