JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD

nattalieee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, ok so i've seen the posts about 'JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD' but i'm still confused.

I have had £15 come out of my bank yesterday under JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD and it shows under my direct debits.

When I log into Paypal I cannot see this amount or what it is linked to, can a member of staff for paypal please confirm what this means? I'm thinking of cancelling this direct debit as I do not know what i'm being charged for, and it looks like its happened many of times with different amounts.

Thanks

Natalie

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nattalieee

If you want a member of staff then you need to contact customer services.

However if you want advice then i can give you these facts.

When you buy something and use paypal to pay for it then the money comes from your bank account UNLESS you choose to select change during the payment process and use a card instead.

When you pay it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the funds from your bank account at anytime from 2 hours up to 3 days later. So if you are looking for a transaction of xxx amount on the day the payment shows in your bank account then it could well have been a transaction a couple of days before that.

If you have funds in your paypal account balance but not enough for the item then paypal will take those funds and the rest from your bank account so that is why again you may not recognise the amount.

Lastly if you cancel the direct debit then you will no longer be able to add funds to your paypal account / withdraw funds from your paypal account OR use your bank account to pay sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nattalieee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your reply,

that reply makes sense, however I haven't purchased anything recently via paypal so this is creating the confusion for me.

Also for anyone else reading this I wouldn't waste your time ever emailing Paypal anymore as you now get a generated email everytime which just tells you to call them. Unsure why they still have the email option but the only way to speak to someone (apart from this forum) is via the phone 🙂

Natalie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nattalieee

Actually paypal tell you to contact customer services via  >>>

Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

This is much better than email which as you say is rubbish.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vesuvious
New Community Member

Why is this on a direct debit, as if I buy something it is taken from my bank account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vesuvious

Paypal can't take it from your bank account unless you have the direct debit set up.

Same as my electric company can't take my quarterly payment from my bank account when i pay it unless i have their direct debit set up etc

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

paulweston
New Community Member

So what is the direct debit for? Is it a fee I'm paying for your service or am I accumulating funds to pay for purchases?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paulweston

My service???  Smiley Happy  I have nothing to do with paypal thank goodness.

This is a 'user to user' help forum and not paypal customer services.

I am just a 'user' the same as you the only difference is that if you help a lot you get advisor status.

The direct debit is to allow you to pay sellers from your bank account.

If you pay your sellers via a debit or credit card then you don't need one BUT if you want to fund it via instant bank transfer from your bank account then paypal can't take the funds to pay your sellers without a direct debit being set up first.

Money is only ever taken when you authorise payment to a seller using your bank account.

As i said same way the electric company can't take my bill payment with out a direct debit being set up first OR pay your ebay fees using that method.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.