Item shows up after escalation of dispute closes

maryb16
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I received a refund after filling a non-receival claim for some items I purchased online (they are lost in transit). My question is: what happens if the package will show up in the future? Do I have any obligation towards it?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maryb16

If you don't pick it up then you have not received it and then that is no longer your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maryb16

Well personally I would contact the seller and pay again.

OR if you don't want the item, then again contact the seller and offer to return it if he will pay return postage.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maryb16
Contributor
Contributor

I'm interested in my legal obligations. I would rather not pick up the items since it's been 2 months since I ordered them, I paid a lot of money for airmail services and I also would have to pay customs charges. The items are still lost in transit and the dispute was closed by PayPal in my favour. Since I am also moving away at the end of the month, I would consider that I have nothing to do with the parcel and it's the seller's obligation to ask the mail services to ship it back.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maryb16

If you don't pick it up then you have not received it and then that is no longer your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maryb16
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.