IVE BEEN SCAMMED

uknown9090
New Community Member
i sold a pair expensive trainers to women on depop and the women suggested to send the money threw pay pal instead of depop i got an email with all the women's details on and the amount of money she sent for the shoes and then at the bottom of the email it has said that it can take up to 24- 48 hours for the money to show which i thought was normal cause this had happened before as a pending transaction she sent the money supposedly at 4 o clock on the 16th so i thought i would message the women to see if she had recieved the shoes as i sent them the day she she bought them and i had no answer so clicked on the womens profile and she has no longer got an account i think she may have blocked me or delted her account so i emailed her off the email on the email i got off the transaction email about the payment and the email said that it doesnt exist i need help i dont know what too doo as they are very expensive shoes and cant just let this go 😞
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uknown9090

Paypal payments are more or less instant.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before you have been paid, even if it was pending it would SHOW in your paypal account balance.

Nothing you can do really unless you pursue her via a small claims court claim if you have her address details OR speak to the delivery agent and see if you can get them to put a stop on the delivery.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.