I have had the same payment for an item i bought taken out of my account twice

Gracelambno1
Contributor
Contributor

On the 11th January I bought an item through Mothercare for £55. I topped up my Paypal account with the £55 and it shows on my bank statement as "PAYPAL ACCOUNT" - listed as a Debit transaction. The money was then taken from my Paypal account on the 12th January and I recieved the item two days later. When i logged into my bank 2 days ago on the 17th January another £55 has been taken - listed as a "PAYPAL PAYMENT" however this is listed as a direct debit transaction and there is no record of the money being in my Paypal account.

What the hell is going on. I didn't set up a direct debit and I certainly didn't authorise for money to be taken from my bank without my knowledge.

Where is my money and how can I have it refunded?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Gracelambno1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.