I cannot review the transaction from a refund that was supposedly sent to me?

Synaesthoenix
Contributor
Contributor

So on Saturday eBay sent me a message in my eBay inbox saying that I recieved my refund, however I did not get a confirmation e-mail from eBay or Paypal of this. For full details, I looked at the transaction through the resolution center of eBay, and it showed a paypal transaction ID for my refund. However, each time I click on this ID it take me to a "Error - Log in United States" even though I am already logged in and when I DO log in a second time with the link provided on the page, it doesn't take me to any transaction detailing my refund, in fact there is no evidence or history/transaction in my Paypal account that says I even got a refund in the first place. It is now Monday and nothing has happened, I still get an error page when I click on the transaction ID, still no e-mail confirmation from either eBay or PayPal that I got this refund, and there is no transaction of a refund even showing up in my account history.

Is there another way to look at a PayPal transaction ID?
What do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Synaesthoenix.

Welcome to the Community!

When a refund is processed on a payment through PayPal, there are different ways that the payment can be refunded. You can find more information on this here.

We can initiate a trace on a refund if it hasn't shown in your bank or on PayPal yet. I would advise that you should contact eBay directly if you had filed a case on eBay. EBay will then be able to initiate a trace on the refund that has been processed through the case.

Alternatively, you can contact PayPal directly and we can look into your refund for you to determine where your refund has been sent to. This can be done through the 'Help & Contact' icon at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.