Highlife Technology Ltd's Reversing Mirror 'mistake'. ....

mhenry1
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been caught by Highlife Technology Ltd's Reversing Mirror 'mistake'. Sadly after accepting PayPal's advice to return the item delivered 'in error', Paypal 'found in favour of the seller' who's email doesn't work etc etc.......

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

wcschw
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a problem with Highlife Technology LTD bait and switch on a 4-12 x 40 Black Matte Riflescope. They said that the 4-12 x 40 Riflescope was on it's way. It took a month and came as a 4 x 32 Riflescope.  I tried to email them several times and they never responded.  Today, I reported to Paypal the problem and they responded that I need to ship the item back to China and when receipt is confirmed, they would release the funds.  So, I have to package and ship the mistake item back at my time and expense and I might get my original amount back.  Meanwhile I am out the shipping and handling and the bait and switch company has my money for 2 months.  Since there are a number of complaints here on that company, I have to assume that Paypal is in bed with this fraudulent company.  Also, the email from Paypal that I received this "found in my favor" info could not be responded to Paypal in an email. And, the Paypal site does not let me respond on this "wonderful" news other than to enter the shipment tracking info.  I will be removing Paypal as a method to pay for an internet item.  Also, I won't be recommending Paypal to anyone.  

Login to Me Too

mhenry1
Contributor
Contributor
If you send it back you are left with only a worthless slip which PayPal will deny any refund on. As PayPal can communicate with Highlife, they will find in sellers favour. You are left with nothing and Highlife have been told by PayPal that it is in dispute with them. Great system for fraudsters.
Login to Me Too

Tony641
I bought the knee braces but have not recieved them and got no reply to any emails
Login to Me Too

SOLOMONSDAD
New Community Member

I, too, saw an item on Facebook that I decided to order. It was a video doorbell available in either 720P or 1080P from Highlife Technology in China. I ordered and paid for the 1080P but when the parcel arrived it was the 720P version. I contacted PayPal and the email address for Highlife and was told it had to be returned with a tracking number and a refund would be made after it was received. Canada Post would have charged me $13 to ship it regular mail but because of the tracking number required it cost me $57.40 instead. The item is only worth $85 Cdn. I chose to pay the shipping and wait for the refund, knowing that this is their game - sending the wrong item and knowing it will be too expensive for a customer to ship it back. In my opinion (and experience) this company is a rip off. I will avoid them in the future.

Login to Me Too

DWS349
Contributor
Contributor
I have been a victimized by this seller. PayPal is a partner in this scam. Don’t let them fool you!! There is a buyer protection offered to the buyer and this FRAUD qualifies for your refund...PAYPAL WILL NOT HONOR THIS POLICY!! PayPal gave me an address to return this product inorder for them to refund my purchase. They deliberately gave the wrong address... AND because I didn’t include that address with the tracking number (I only gave the tracking number as per their institution) They confirmed the package in the system BUT it is lost in the European postal service... I FORFEITED MY REFUND BECAUSE “ I didn’t include the address WITH the tracking number GET OUT OF PAYPAL ACCOUNTS.... they broke off with E-Bay and they are CROOKS
Login to Me Too

MAP47
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too iam waiting for answer I send a email not responding Yes I received  a wrong Items  I need to return and refund no Luck Yes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.