Held money over dispute - what happens to money after the 20 days

clairegrieve145
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer has opened a dispute as he has claimed the item wasn't working when it reached him.  We have agreed with him to refund most of the money minus the original postage costs as he hadn't paid this when he should have.  I have repaid the money to Paypal as my Paypal account was sitting as a negative balance.  This money is now being Held so does not show as being in my Paypal account.  I have messaged the buyer to tell him we will refund him once we have received the item back so that we can check that the item is in fact the original one we sent him (PS3) as this may be a scam - he has agreed but so far we have not received the item back.  I have messaged him again asking him if he has sent it but so far have not received a reply.  If he does not get back in touch with me before Paypal automatically close the Dispute after 20 days then WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY THAT IS SITTING AS "HELD"  - WILL THIS BE PAID BACK IN TO MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT?????  PLEASE HELP AS I CAN NOT FIGURE THIS OUT.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the buyer does not escalate the dispute to a CLAIM within 20 days then the money is returned to you.

If he escalates to a claim then paypal will investigate and if they find in the buyers favour they will tell him to return the item back to you trackable before he gets a full refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.