Have I been scammed?!?!

pattyb96
New Community Member
I had an item listed for sale on eBay and was the contacted from a buyer with an offer and he would pay through PayPal. So I made the request for the money and buyer paid it. But now I have an email saying my funds are being held in a PayPal escrow account. Is this a scam????? I have already shipped the item and the money is pending in my PayPal account but I have emailed them and heard nothing. They said it would take 24 hours but it has been longer and nothing has changed
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pattyb96

Paypal don't use escrow.

Do the funds actually SHOW in your paypal account balance but have pending by them or is nothing showing and you are relying on probably spoof emails??

Did you send to Africa somewhere?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello pattyb96!

Welcome to the PayPal community!

I am sorry to hear about this experience. When receiving a payment via PayPal, you will be always to see the details of it by accessing directly into your PayPal account. Although, the funds might be subjected to a temporary hold, still the funds would be visible and showed in your PayPal balance under the pending balance category. It is also important to remember that PayPal would only ask to a seller to ship an item once the transaction is fully completed and the seller is able to see this in their account, under fully available or pending balance. 

I would also recommend you to have a read in here to identify genuine PayPal communications http://ow.ly/TwsAT

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.