HOW CAN I DISPUTE A CHARGE BACK CASE PAYPAL HAVE CLOSED AND LEFT ME OWING £289

Beanyd
New Community Member

I SOLD A SUNBED ON EBAY VIA  A BEST OFFER LISTING, THE SUNBED WAS COLLECTED FOR THE BUYER BY FAMILY AND WAS CHECKED OVER BEFORE BEING LOADING IN THEIR VAN AND DROVE AWAY. ONCE THEY GOT HOME WITH THE SUNBED THEY SAID IT WAS NOT THE SIZE I SAID IT WAS SO DID NOT FIT IN GARAGE AND THEY ALSO SAID IT WAS NOT THE MODEL THEY BOUGHT OFF EBAY >> ALL THESE CLAIMS WERE FOUND TO BE UNTRUE THEREFOR THE CASE WAS FOUND IN MY FAVOUR ( STILL INCURRED MORE PAYPAL COSTS THOUGH) 

NOW WEEKS AND WEEKS LATER THE BUYED DECIDES TO MAKE A CHARGE BACK ON THEIR CREDIT CARD  BE IT USING A DIFFERENT EXCUSE NOW THAT THE ITEM IS FAULTY AND DANGEROUS TO WHICH PAYPAL HAVE UPHELD AND NOW REFUNDED THIS SCAMMING BUYER LEAVING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IN DEBT OF £289.00

THEY MADE THIS DECISION STATING THAT "I DID NOT MEET SELLER PROTECTION PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS AND THAT THE TRANSACTION IS BEING REVERSED AND THAT THE CASE IS NOW CLOSED"

IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN DISPUTE THIS DECISION AS I WILL NOT BE PAYING MY NEGATIVE BALANCE

ALSO WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SUNBED DO THEY KEEP THAT AND THE MONEY BECAUSE I CANNOT COLLECT THE SUNBED THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO RETURN IT TO MY HOUSE LIKE WE HAVE TO RETURN THINGS TO A HIGH STREET SHOP WHEN WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can you lose the caps lock and repost, can't read that makes my eyes go funny.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Beanyd, 

Welcome to the community forum. 

We're sorry that you had a negative experience with your sale. Chargebacks occur when the card company reverses a cleared payment, at the cardholder's request so they are PayPal cases and therefore we don't get to decide the outcome. It sounds like originally we didn't consider the buyers claim to be a case of significantly not as described which would be why it was closed.

Once you have a PayPal case closed a new one cannot be opened. That may be why the buyer went to their bank. 

In terms of seller protection, since it was a collected item it is not then covered. You will find more information on our seller protection policy here https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security . You can also find some ways of protecting yourself against chargebacks https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

I hope this clears things up. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.