Got Scammed and want money back.

VesqoDesigns
New Community Member

About two weeks ago, I bought virtual art from someone.
They said they'd have it done that day, and have not finished it since.
I demanded a refund and they said no,

although on the website they sell from and their youtube channel, it says no where, that there are no refunds.

I want to get my money back, but, he will not give it back.
It's not much money, but it most definitely can come to use with some other purchase.
What should I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can file a dispute for item not received via the "resolve a problem in the resolution centre" lower left of your paypal summary page.

A refund can't be guaranteed as you bought an intangible item but if you don't file you will never know.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PinkDiamond169
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

Try opening a claim for INR. However, You may not get a refund granted as it's a digital item and this is not covered by PayPal buyers protection.

I would comment on their YouTube telling people what this person has done, And even report them to YouTube.

Are they a private seller or a business?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hi can you stop telling folks there is no buyer protection for virtual items as paypal does since June of last year cover buyers.

There is no SELLER PROTECTION but there is buyer protection hence by advice above but the buyer protection is dependent on other factors not typical to physical items so its not guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PinkDiamond169
Contributor
Contributor

When I bought a digital item, PayPal told me (This was a few weeks back) There is no buyer's protection or sellers protection for digital items, So I believe them as they're PayPal who told me this.

Can you show me where it states it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
  1. PayPal Buyer Protection

Section 13 is amended to make several improvements to the PayPal Buyer Protection policy. The amendments:

1. clarify your liability to PayPal when PayPal makes a final decision in favour of the buyer (section 13.3 is amended accordingly);
  2. improve the conditions of reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection for PayPal users (section 13.4 is amended accordingly) by:
    1. extending the range of eligible purchases for all users (UK resident PayPal users already benefit from this improvement) to cover:
      1. intangible items (such as rights of access to digital content and other licences);
      2. services; and
      3. travel tickets;
  1. PayPal Buyer Protection
  2. Section 13 is amended to make several improvements to the PayPal Buyer Protection policy.  The amendments:

3. clarify your liability to PayPal when PayPal makes a final decision in favour of the buyer (section 13.3 is amended accordingly);
  4. improve the conditions of reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection for PayPal users (section 13.4 is amended accordingly) by:
    1. extending the range of eligible purchases for all users (UK resident PayPal users already benefit from this improvement) to cover:
      1. intangible items (such as rights of access to digital content and other licences);
      2. services; and
      3. travel tickets;

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.