Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods not received - Thrown under the bus by Paypal

Options
justguess
Contributor
Posted on

Afternoon everyone 

I was recently scammed out of £80 and subsequently thrown under the bus by PayPal.

With regards to background to my dispute, I purchased some virtual items, coins on Fifa 15 in particular, about 2 months back from a website. Subsequent to my payment the company never delivered the item, pinning the blame on stock shortage. In my email correspondents with the company they agreed to give me a refund but then proceeded to ignore my emails and attempts to contact them.

I opened a dispute with PayPal armed with the misguided view that even though its against there policy to help buyers with virtual purchases, the fact that the seller agreed to give me a refund would ensure obtaining a refund would be relatively straightforward. Fast-forward 12 days later, PayPal never bothered to ask me for any evidence and chucked out my chase.

Could anyone please offer any suggestions as to how I should proceed. 

Many thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you. OR if the seller is a UK registered business you may consider the small claims court. ************************************** I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool. Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
justguess
Contributor

Sadly I did neither but thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Options
PinkDiamond169
Contributor

Hi there 

you're not covered for virtual items I'm afaird. So maybe that is why

Options
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

You are covered for virtual items now on paypal but a refund is not always guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.