Fraud / unauthorised activity on my account

alice_m_w
Contributor
Contributor

So I noticed whilst looking through my activity on my account two days ago that someone had spent $23 USD on an Uber. I live in the UK so this definitely wasn't me, plus I don't have an Uber account. I have reported this as unauthorised activity and opened a case and am still awaiting news. I am hoping to get a refund from Paypal - I know £20 is not a lot but I'd rather have it back. What is the likelyhood of Paypal actually refunding me the £20 after investigating my case? They must be able to tell that I'm in the UK from my IP address and they can see that I spent money here the day before, on the day, and a day after so they know I didn't have a holiday to America and spent money there. Will they actually recognise this is fraud and refund me? I've never had this happen before!

P.s I have removed Uber from my permissions list and changed my password, logged out everywhere and set up some security questions so don't worry!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.