Empty box recieved, Paypal asking me to return to sender!

BecM2012
Contributor
Contributor

hi

I have recieved a package with no goods. (Empty Box Scam). I opened a dispute and detailed that i had recieved packaging only and no goods.

Why are paypal asking me to return in essence the packaging to the seller!

Can someone help me with this please or am I better off calling paypal?

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BecM2012

If you file for non receipt of item then any dispute would fail if the seller could provide a valid tracking number to prove delivery of the item to you.

So as you received something your only option is to file  >>>

Item received but not as described, as you received the box but it was empty. In the event of a not as described dispute then paypal state you get a full refund on return of the item ie box back to the seller.

So you can either send it back trackable to prove delivery back to the seller or you can just not get your refund.

But make sure you take pictures of the box and postage costs etc so the seller can't say he sent something but you returned an empty box as the postage should be the same.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BecM2012

If you file for non receipt of item then any dispute would fail if the seller could provide a valid tracking number to prove delivery of the item to you.

So as you received something your only option is to file  >>>

Item received but not as described, as you received the box but it was empty. In the event of a not as described dispute then paypal state you get a full refund on return of the item ie box back to the seller.

So you can either send it back trackable to prove delivery back to the seller or you can just not get your refund.

But make sure you take pictures of the box and postage costs etc so the seller can't say he sent something but you returned an empty box as the postage should be the same.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BecM2012
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.