Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do buyers get reimbursed?

Options
bogeyman_1815
Contributor
Posted on
I won a case, the buyer put a claim on card company, unauthorised, I provided phone,text email and postage/delivered evidence(post office where he collected was 5 mins away from his house).he even texted me saying thanks he recived it and even phoned me, its a shame i dont have call recording. It took about 3 weeks as it was £430, does the buyer get to keep the money, or would the card company take it out of their account. I emailed the buyer with a rant, after I won, saying he was a scammer, he still claims he didn't recieve the item and doest have any money reimbursed, is this true? As the card company would've given the money back at the beginning, or did they take it back after I won.
1 REPLY 1

Do buyers get reimbursed?

Options
PayPal_Sophie

Hi bogeyman_1815,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

In a situation where a buyer files a chargeback with their credit card company, the card company would refund them directly. Ultimately it is their decision to reverse a payment in this type of situation, not PayPal's.

I am very sorry that you have had this experience, and you can find more information about chargebacks and how the process works here:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

If you have any other questions at all, please let us know

Sophie

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.