Do I get scammed?

Monokuma
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance for reading this and any help or advices!

I buyed a item (location: england) and I'm not really sure anymore if the seller is actually scamming me.

It's been 5 days now, since I sent him the payment with paypal.

Right after I've sent the money with paypal, he told me that he is shipping the item after he received the clear payment.

I didn't know about it in the first place, so I've searched about it and got the information that the funds are being hold for about 21 days for new sellers (correct me here if I got his wrong).

To me it was a kinda fishy in first place to say this, because what I understood is that these 21 days are protection for the buyers in case I would receive no package or a damaged item (again correct me if I'm wrong).

So this did sound like he was going to avoid this situation for some reason.

Well 3 days later I've got a email from paypal with "further shipping details".  I was really surprised to see this, since I tought it would take longer for him to receive the payment, that was really odd in my opinion. So I tried to use the tracking no. anyway

T No.: RR748100993IL

Carrier: Doar Israel

Typed in google, I found no "Doar" Isreal but "israelpost". I tought this was really strange, I don't live in UK but I know royal mail is more common and I never heard of israelpost in UK (or could anyone confirm this is one is often used in UK?).

But okay I said to myself and pasted the number. The tracking site there told me the number is invalid.

I also tried other websites and global tracking sites with the same result: "invalid code". 

That were the point I tought the tracking number had to be fake.

One thing I found out is the "IL" at the end of the number means the item was sent from israel

So even if the number would be a real one, there's just something wrong, because how is it possible to send from israel if the items location is england?

I have to add, he answered pretty fast my mails where I was going to buy it, after the payment I didn't got any answers yet on my questions.

I myself don't trust this anymore at all, but maybe I am overacting and can not see clear.

Do you have any advice what I should do?

If possible is refund still a option?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Monokuma

No idea if he is scamming you or not. But you have up to 180 days to file a dispute for item not received.

So if you don't receive it then open a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.