Dispute transaction processed through paypal. Used Debit Card to Pay

vic22
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I lost 350 Euros while purchasing an item in eBay. The seller was a power seller with more then 2000 positive rating so I didnt mind and paid by debit card.

The item has been returned to the sender due to some problem with the postal service, and the seller kept the item and money and not responding at all.

I accidently closed the eBay case because I thought I could get the item but it did not happen.

eBay customer service is not helping, they say since I closed the case, the seller deserves to keep the money and the item.

Someone suggested that since the payment was done through paypal, I can file a dispute. 

Question: is there any way I can get my money back?

Any response would be appreciated !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vic22

Do you mean the transaction is NOT showing in your paypal account as you paid as a guest buyer??

If so then phone customer services and they should be able to open a claim for you >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

BUT if you did not pay as a guest payer then contact your card issuer as sometimes they will help you even if it is not a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vic22

Do you mean the transaction is NOT showing in your paypal account as you paid as a guest buyer??

If so then phone customer services and they should be able to open a claim for you >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

BUT if you did not pay as a guest payer then contact your card issuer as sometimes they will help you even if it is not a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vic22
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I did the same and Paypal folks are very friendly, they opened a Dispute Case.

I got an email from Paypal which includes the following line:

Our records indicate that the seller sent your article using the Sending PayPal service. You can track this package logging into your PayPal account and visiting your history log transaction or confirming the information below:
Tracking company:
Tracking Number: XXX
To cancel this claim after seeing the tracking information, click the link below:
A Paypal Link to View the Case Details
If you choose not cancel this claim, we resume the investigation After 3 working days.

So now I wait for 3 days and see what happens.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vic22

You did tell them about the postal problem when you were on the phone didn't you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vic22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did. And in the tracking details also its visible clearly that the item was undelivered and returned to sender.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vic22

Great, good luck.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.