Dispute - asked for response but there is nowhere to respond & messaging is not working!

charliebunny
Contributor
Contributor

Hi
Can anyone advise?
I put in a claim for goods not received, then escalated it to a dispute after having no satisfactory response from the company in question. I sent the tracking number in my initial contact with Paypal (which shows that the item seems to have stalled at Incheon airport in Korea on the 2nd of April) and has not arrived in the UK. The Royal Mail website has no record of it ever being scanned in.

Paypal contacted the seller to ask for further info and they have only just sent the same tracking number in response. I got an email from Paypal letting me know this and on my account it has the button to Respond. I click this and then there is no place to do so ... all it says is:

'

'Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

• Korea Post tracking .......

What happens next

Please review the information and let us know how you would like to proceed.

If you've resolved this problem, you can cancel this claim at any time.

If you received the item but it's different to what you expected, you can change your reason for this claim.'

There is however no place to click to respond and let them know how I want to proceed!!

I sent a couple of messages last night saying that I had given them that information already and I still have not received my goods but the messaging centre seems to not be working and I can't see my messages and I haven't had any response to say that they were received. I am a bit worried now that they will think that I haven't responded (and obviously I don;t want to do one of the two above options as I still have no goods and am out of pocket).

Any advice? Is the messagng centre working at all at the moment? Should I try again? The deadline for the claim / dispute is tomorrow (the 11th). I am pretty upset as I have no goods and they still have my money. The company keeps fobbing me off. They asked me to wait a further 10 days to see if the goods would come but that deadline has now come and gone and now all they are saying is that they have sent the query to their head office 😞

Thanks

C

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charliebunny

That is a standard message that you get when a seller supplies a tracking number.

They are allowing you to close the dispute if you are happy with the tracking number OR allowing you to change it if you have received the item and it is not as described.

If NEITHER of those options apply then you need do nothing and the claim continues.

Once the deadline has been reached (normally 10 days from the dispute being escalated to a claim), paypal check the tracking number to see if the item has been delivered to your address and if not then they refund / review within 48 hours of the deadline being reached.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@charliebunny

That is a standard message that you get when a seller supplies a tracking number.

They are allowing you to close the dispute if you are happy with the tracking number OR allowing you to change it if you have received the item and it is not as described.

If NEITHER of those options apply then you need do nothing and the claim continues.

Once the deadline has been reached (normally 10 days from the dispute being escalated to a claim), paypal check the tracking number to see if the item has been delivered to your address and if not then they refund / review within 48 hours of the deadline being reached.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

charliebunny
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @kernowlass

That makes sense. It confused me that on the dispute page, it said 'Response required' though ... bit unclear.

I already had the tracking number (since it was first sent) and had included that myself in the initial claim so that was a bit strange. The tracking stops whilst still in Korea and does not appear in the UK at all and that was well over a month ago now.

The deadline is tomorrow (11th) so presumably they will then check that tracking number again and they will see what I see - that it never arrived in the UK and is still saying 'in transit' since April 2nd.

Hopefully they willl then sort it out as I need those products still and wil need to reorder them from elsewhere!

Thanks again

Charlie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.