Dispute, Refund & Item not returned

JFM68
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had a dispute case opened against me for not describing the item properly (which, in hindsight, is true but not intentional). The money seems to have been refunded by Paypal (an amount was agreed with the other party) but I have not received my item back yet, surely Paypal should not refund any money from my account until I receive the item back!!!!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal do no always ask a buyer to return the goods especially if fake or dangerous to return eg broken items with sharp edges or other reasons only paypal know.

If you really want it back why not email the buyer and say you will send them postage costs if they agree to return it. However that may depend on whether they had to go to the dispute to get their money back, if they did then they may not agree to that.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JFM68
Contributor
Contributor

I offered him a refund via email for the total cost of goods after he emailed me saying he wasnt happy, he then opened a dispute case against me and then agreed to the exact amount I had offered him in the first place!!

I asked him to return the goods as they are not fake but so far no luck.

I have check my paypal account again and they have withdrawn the money from my bank account and put it on hold in paypal account, not sure what this means, maybe he wont get it until the goods are returned to me?

Thanks for your reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You didn't say the payment was on hold. So the dispute presumably has not been closed either? In that case paypal will probably be waiting for him to return the goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JFM68
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from ebay telling me the case was closed, payment on hold - not sure what to make of it!!

Login to Me Too

ezpostershopper
Contributor
Contributor
What was the final outcome?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.