Dispute / Claim from buyer

queeniey
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold a bag around 2 weeks ago, buyer sent me an email saying she was satisfied with the bag. She also mentioned she has used leather cream to clean the bag which means she is actually using the bag already. 

However two weeks later she opened a claim to paypal saying item is not as described because the buckle on the strap of the bag was broken, now paypal is on her side giving her a refund, so I have a negative balance at the moment. But this is so unfair because she has actually used the bag. Also, there is a possibility she broke the buckle as when I sent it to her it was wrapped perfectly. (I took a photo.) She broke the buckle and she doesnt like it so she wants her money back now... and paypal helped her. 

So now paypal asked her to send the bag back to me and she will get her full refund when I received the bag. I am so angry because I will get back a USED and broken item. I cannot understand why paypal never discussed with me and authorised the refund? Please can anyone help how can I get my money back? or Talk to the bank? 

Your help will be much appreciated.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You could try contacting paypal and saying the bag you received back is not in the same state as what you sent.

Sometimes they will review a dispute if that is the case.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In the case of an item received but not as described dispute it is nearly always one persons word against anothers.

There is no way paypal can tell who is telling the truth, so they normally award in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to send the item back trackable at their own expense

Sometimes this goes against sellers as in your case and sometimes buyers are miffed that they have to send a faulty item back at their own expense.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

queeniey
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you reply. So does it mean there is nothing I can do when I get the bag back even though she has already used it? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You could try contacting paypal and saying the bag you received back is not in the same state as what you sent.

Sometimes they will review a dispute if that is the case.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.