Depop scam - HELP

piercey98
New Community Member

Hey guys I could do with your help / advice on this one,

Essentially, I was selling a pair of Yeezys on Depop. So after chatting to the potential buyer, I started texting him about the details of the purchase. Via text he told me to invoice him on Paypal using a separate e-mail to his imessage. He texted me the address he wanted me to deliver to, so I used this address and tracked the delivery. Delivery arrived, I got my money and I thought it was sorted. 

2 months later I he says he hasn't received my order and wants a refund. This is where he was clever. He text me saying he wants it delivered to Slough (England), but on the invoice it says I should've delivered it to Singapore. So I have provided the tracking number, but not for where the invoice says (Singapore). I have all the screenshots from all the messages, and proof that the guy has scammed a pair of Yeezys off me and I've potentially lost £330. If you go on his Depop account I'm not the first person to have been scammed by him. 

I was wondering if I have a chance of getting my money back, as I have all the screenshots of him telling him to create an invoice with his email, and him telling me to deliver to Slough, which I have done and tracked.

Thanks in advance guys,

Alex

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi piercey98,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.