Confused at what to do now in my dispute....

Maxibon
Contributor
Contributor

Right now I am in a dispute with a seller and I'm very confused on what to do next.

In the claim chain it says "requiring your action", but when I open the case the message from paypal reads "The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you."

...what am I supposed to do? It says it requires my action, but the only options I see are cancel or change reason, none of these fit me.

If I do nothing, does this mean they win the case as there's a time limit to when I can respond? I get the feeling the seller has a habbit of scamming and knows how to play the system and I'm just a rat in a maze.

I'm so confused.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

tegsxx
Contributor
Contributor

hi, someone may give you a better answer but i had this situation about 8 months ago due to having a seizure some time after making a bid, ending up in hospital and not bing discharged due to damage from it. i couldnt find a button to press either so i clicked to contact them via email choosing the subject info mentioning disputes and explained that i didnt know how else to contact them regarding dispute(enter dispute id) and then i gave my response to the dispute. they then got back to me in 24 hours and it was sorted.xx

Login to Me Too

anniekai2312
New Community Member

Hi Maxibon, having exactly the same problem.  Just emailed paypal with the transaction ID, saying there is no appropriate option to choose, to respond.  I have stated quite clearly that I have not received the item and the seller has had my money for 2 weeks and that I want the case to remain open until it is resolved.  I await a response with my fingers crossed that I get my money back.  Beware everyone!, DO NOT buy anything from this man  

post edited to remove personal information

Login to Me Too

Maxibon
Contributor
Contributor

How do you email paypal? Whenever I send an email, they just send an automatic response right back saying they don't deal with enquiries by email and that I have to call them. 

Login to Me Too

Navarro
Contributor
Contributor

I also just get an automatic email response from paypal. I had no success calling them either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ALL, 

When a seller has provided shipping information we will generally provide you with a copy of this shipping information so you can attempt to track it. It does not mean that we are accepting the information provided but we prefer to share this information as sometimes it can resolve a case. 

When you are contacted with the shipping information you will general be advised in the same email that you have the option to cancel the case or if you wish to continue please leave the case as is or it may say you do not need to take any action. 

If any of you still have the email I would recommend that you review it as it may have this information on it. 

I hope this helps and please keep me posted

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.