Closed dispute couldn't esculate

Jonnyo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I reported a problem with a seller over 20 days ago now and give the seller many opportunities to respond, of which they didn't.

From my mobile, I attempted to escalate this to a claim. However this process did not work even after trying several times, the app gave me no access to the resolution centre so I had to do it through the site for me this is a floored process which is very difficult to navigate. Although I thought I had done this several times I kept getting notices saying the case was going to close.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems? now my case is closed I have no resolution due to poor tech and no way of getting any.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Jonnyo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, once you open a dispute, you have 20 days to escalate it to a PayPal claim to avoid that it automatically closes. From your PayPal Mobile App, this process is not available but you will have to complete using a browser. 

If you are unable to escalate a dispute to a claim, you can always contact our Customer Service and ask them to complete the procedure on your behalf. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and then clicking 'Call customer support'. You can also contact us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PayPal or on Twitter @AskPayPal! 

You can find more information on how to escalate a dispute to a claim here

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.