China fraud

Hello

Two weeks ago I did something, if I could undo, would do. I convinced myself into buying two really cheap items of a eBay seller. After a while I raised a dispute and later to a claim. The seller is no longer a registered eBay member(what a surprise). After several email's and messages to the seller, the seller finally responded back with a tracking number what I am sure does not contain the item of my desire. Paypal is now asking me to respond to the case, BUT! This is what I got:

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven’t confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

What happens next

Please review the information and let us know how you would like to proceed.

Now after that I have only two options: cancel the claim and change the reason for claim, even if I know, Paypal knows and even the seller knows that this is just a big scam from the sellers side. I can't find any appropriate buttons for meaningful response to the case. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Now I received a email from Paypal saying : "No further action on your part is required at this time. We will continue

our investigation, and contact you with any updates."

But on my Paypal account it requires my action.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

Welcome to the community.

When we provide you with the tracking number, as you say you only have an option to close to chance the dispute reason. If neither of these options apply then you don't need to do anything.

You go the next email saying we are continuing our investigation so now you don't needs to do anything.

Come back and let us know how this case is going, or went Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.