Chargeback Complicated

chipsquad
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer who's wife has opened a charge-back for unauthorised use of her card. I have spoken to both and they have the item and there is no problem. 

The husband ordered the item but payment was taken from his wifes account, as she did not recognize the payment she opened a charge-back. As I say they have the item they also realize that the payment for the item was okay. But that said they can not seem to close the case and there is nothing I can do about it. As the item was of small value it was not a recorded delivery item, total value just £2.89 but the kicker being I will be charged a fee of £14 ( a con in my eyes) by PP for their mistake. 

I was going to email PP but can not find an address to send to, so wondered if anyone here has any ideas.

Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chipsquad

An unauthorsed transaction and a chargeback are 2 separate disputes.

1. Unauthorised transaction is a paypal dispute and is telling paypal that their paypal account was hacked and used without their consent. If paypal find that was untrue and they did make the transaction then the dispute will be closed in your favour. Once opened the only way it can be closed is if they inform customer services to close it. Even if you lost you should not get an extra fee.

2. A chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card company and they are the ones that make the decision, if they find in their clients favour then that is when you get charged the extra c.c. processing fee. To cancel this dispute the buyer would have to contact their c.c. company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.