Buyer opened claim, got a refund, then left feedback saying she had received the item.

emlou78
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item and the buyer said it never arrived and opened a claim.

PayPal found in her favour and refunded the purchase. 

However the buyer has now left me feedback on eBay for the item and said the item has arrived. 

How do I get my money back? PayPal shouldn't have refunded the money when the customer has admitted to receiving the item.

Thank you.

ETA: Buyer left feedback on the 13th of March, refund was issued today 16th March.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emlou78

Feedback has nothing to do with it as a buyer can leave feedback for the wrong seller by mistake AND paypal has nothing to do with Ebay as they are separate companies. So paypal are not going to be checking feedback on another site.

In the event of an item not received dispute the ONLY way paypal can know if this is true or not is by a seller providing a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer. If you choose to send non - trackable thats fine but its at your risk and not your buyers.

If the item has genuinely arrived and not a mistake by the buyer in leaving feedback for the wrong seller then contact your buyer and ask them to re-pay for the item?? But you can't force them to re-pay you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emlou78

Feedback has nothing to do with it as a buyer can leave feedback for the wrong seller by mistake AND paypal has nothing to do with Ebay as they are separate companies. So paypal are not going to be checking feedback on another site.

In the event of an item not received dispute the ONLY way paypal can know if this is true or not is by a seller providing a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer. If you choose to send non - trackable thats fine but its at your risk and not your buyers.

If the item has genuinely arrived and not a mistake by the buyer in leaving feedback for the wrong seller then contact your buyer and ask them to re-pay for the item?? But you can't force them to re-pay you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emlou78
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.