Buyer has opened a dispute on eBay and now the money they paid is on hold/gone

xearofury
New Community Member

Sold a camera, buyer paid and i shipped it asap (earliest i could do was the 17th as it was weekend and first pickup was the monday after) special delivery on the 17th april, its 19th april and still it hasnt been delivered according to the tracking on royal mails site.

The buyer has opened a case, even after this short amount of time since winning the item, because its not received. Shocked that ebays guidance here is to possibly refund them! what the hell? its not a small amount of money for a start, nor is it long enough for the buyer to open a case!

Also... the buyer has positive feedback (41 positive and 0 negative) but its all seemingly hidden and says their a member in the russian federation, though their address is in the UK. Im worried its some sort of scam? ive updated the case with the tracking info, but its not been delivered depsite it being two days and i paid for next day by 1pm, its been more than 48 hours now...

It was guaranteed by 1pm on the 18th and now its the 19th and he opened the case.

He did eventually reply and it was when i messaged him saying that i couldn't post any earlier and it just said, "alright thanks" ignoring all the other messages ive sent trying to help and requesting info/suggetions that he checks out the local sorting office/looks for any kind of card left etc.

It seems like its a scam to me, the RM guy was also puzzled as any attempted delivery would register on the tracking page for it, all it says is that they 'have it' it feels like its an issue on RM's end as well somehow, never had an issue with them in 15 years of selling/buying on ebay 

This is the acution:

Post edited by Moderator as per Community guidelines

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi xearofury,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

In general, in a buyer has filed a claim on eBay, the payment will be held by eBay directly until the case closure. PayPal, unfortunately, would not have the option to release or refund the payment as we do not have ownership of the case. For this reason, I would recommend getting in touch with eBay in order to solve the problem and close the case. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.